Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nobody's Horrible Attack

I've been so very angry ever since Odysseus came to my cave.  I was in complete control in the beginning when he arrived although I was very upset.  I had just gotten back from herding my flocks of sheep and was settling down when I found them in my cave.  They had started a fire and eaten my food! I was enraged and I began to grab any man I saw, stuffing him in my mouth.  I made sure when I got home to close the entrance of my cave so that they wouldn't be able to escape.  After having eaten at least five men, I fell asleep.  The next day I went out to attend to my sheep once more, keeping them in the cave with the stone.  When I returned, after milking my sheep and goats, one of the men offered me the most delicious wine.  The man told me his name was Nobody so I promised to eat him last because of the wine he gave me. I had three whole bowls of this fantastic wine.  I slept well that night although I think I might have vomited in my sleep. I awoke suddenly though with a HORRIBLE pain in my eye.  Nobody was stabbing me in the eye with a burning club.  Oh how painful it was.  The pain spread throughout my body and all I could think of was how to get rid of it.  When the club was finally removed the pain didn't leave and worst of all I couldn't see a thing.  The men took advantage of my blindness and took off through the cave entrance as I went running to tell the other giants of my misfortune.  They treated me like I was crazy when I told them what Nobody had done to me so I just went back to my cave with pain still engulfing my body.  I was so mad at Nobody for doing this to me and I knew I had to get back at him and have him killed.  I still couldn't see but I expected that I would regain my sight soon.   When I realized I would never be able to see again, I was so full of even more anger towards Nobody.  I called on my father, Poseidon, to attack Nobody and make him suffer.  I will forever hate that man that plotted against me and took away my eyesight forever before escaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment